Fourth of July in Boston, 2026

 

Around the Fourth of July, I was up in Boston, Massachusetts for a few days. I didn't realize this until after I got there, but President John F. Kennedy's boyhood home is in Boston. The site is run by the National Park Service and is in a residential neighborhood in the Brookline area, 83 Beals Street to be precise.  It is open daily and I went there the morning of the Fourth.

Packard's Corner T station
Boston has a light rail system running down many streets (and sometimes underground).  The Green Line covers much of the city and has several spurs, so you have to know where you're heading and pick the appropriate "B", "C", "D", or "E". There used to be an "A" branch that split from the "B" branch right here at Packard's Corner, but it is no longer in existence.  Coincidentally, this stop is a short walk away from JFK's boyhood home.  The T is fairly slow, Google Maps often suggested that bikeshare would be faster than the T to get places.

Like thousands of other Bostonians, I went to the shore of the Charles River to watch the fireworks.  As you can see, I didn't have the best view, but it worked.  There was a drone show prior to the fireworks starting that was also interesting.  

After the fireworks, there were huge crowds heading away from the river.  The T lines were packed and eventually I gave up and walked all the way back to where I was staying, it took me the better part of an hour.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Williams, Arizona on Route 66

Hackberry, Arizona on Route 66

Bellemont, Arizona on Route 66