Joseph City Arizona on Route 66
1876 Pioneer Museum
Under a carport is this 1925 Maxwell car. It only has two doors, but it looks like there were two rows of seats. You can see various farm-related equipment in front of it.
Joseph City, Arizona fits comfortably between exits 274 and 277 on Interstate 40. Joseph City was founded in 1876 by LDS pioneers and it currently has almost 1,400 residents.
Welcome sign: "Welcome to Joseph City", "A Pioneering People", "Since 1876". This is the sign on the west side of town.
I'm not quite certain what this is or was, but I'm pretty sure it was a Harley dealership. It looks like at one point it might have been a cafe or convenience store. In the middle is a mural with Betty Boop bending over and various landmarks identified. There are a number of Betty Boops scattered across Arizona along Route 66. The You Are Here says it is "Trader Joe's", though I suspect it was not an outpost of the well-known grocery chain.![]() |
| 1876 Pioneer Museum |
They have a pretty large outdoor museum with lots of old farm implements. It is only open Saturdays and Holidays, so I couldn't go in, but you can see a lot from the road, so it is worth a stop regardless.
![]() |
| Pioneer Museum car |
Next stop: Geronimo Trading Post, Arizona; Prior stop: Jack Rabbit, Arizona. You can see all my Route 66 posts here.




Comments
Post a Comment